We only use the finest waxes from around the world. They are selected for their superior hair removal qualities and gentle action on the skin.
How to Prepare for Waxing:
- Allow hair to grow to at least 3/4cm long, but no longer that 2cm long ideally. Longer hair is easier for the wax to adhere to. This typically means not shaving for about 2 to 3 weeks.
- Gently exfoliate the area to be waxed several days before to remove dead skin and help prevent ingrown hairs.
- Gentle exfoliation with a loofah is also recommended on a regular basis in between waxing visits.
- Ensure the area to be waxed is completely clean, dry and free of any moisturizers and oils. Additional products on the skin can prevent the wax from adhering properly.
- If hair on the bikini area is more that 2cm long then please trim this hair back to no less than 1 cm long prior to coming in for your bikini wax. This will ensure a quick service and the least amount of pain possible.
- Please always remember to shower before coming in for a bikini wax! If you are not able to shower before coming in then please let us know and we will provide you with wipes.
Tips and Warnings:
- Plan to have your waxing at a time that doesn’t immediately precede or follow your menstrual cycle. Skin is most sensitive at this time. A 3 day window should be sufficient.
- Avoid pools, hot tubs, spas, and sea water (swimming in the bay) for 24 hours after waxing. Skin may be irritated following waxing, and chemicals and salt water can cause additional pain.
- Don’t wax sunburned, cracked or injured skin because it will be extremely painful and could easily delay healing.
- If you are extremely sensitive to pain take a mild pain reliever about 30 minutes prior to your appointment – That is if you are not allergic to pain relief.
When Not To Wax:
We will not be able to perform your waxing service under these conditions:
- If you are using Retinol products i.e. Retin A, Renova etc on your bikini line or brow area.
- If you are using Accutane.
- If you have any kind of sunburn or laser burn on the area to be waxed.
- If you have any kind of STD whatsoever.